- The search for 19-year-old Bryce Laspisa continues with divers searching Lake Castaic through the weekend. Laspisa has been missing for one week today. Investigators recently found the smoldering body of an unidentified man near where Laspisa apparently wrecked his SUV.
- This year in Orange County, 46 people have had drowning accidents. Twenty-two of those were fatal. Learn tips from the Orange County Fire Authority to keep you and your loved ones alive here.
- The Dana Point Tall Ships Festival kicks off Friday night with a sunset sail from Laguna Beach to Dana Point Harbor. Some recommended viewing spots include Old Cove Native Plant Preserve (24200 Dana Point Harbor Drive) and the Dana Point Headlands (34588 Scenic Drive).
- On Sept. 11 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Laguna Niguel will host a patriotic concert featuring Saddleback Valley Chorale. Check out the flyer for more info.
- Interested in seeing life-sized reconstructions of Leonardo DaVinci's inventions? You'll need to act fast. The Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana is hosting the exhibit "Da Vinci: The Genius" until Sunday.