- The Dana Point City Council will meet Tuesday to affirm a reform to the way city employees pay into their pension plans. Since the city incorporated in 1989, it has paid employees' contributions to their pension, which is 7 percent of their salaries. Under new revisions, new city employees will pay 50 percent of their pensions, up to 8 percent of their salaries. All employees will pay at this rate by 2018.
The meeting starts at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 33282 Golden Lantern.
- GriefShare is a 13-week grief support group that meets Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in Capo Beach.
- After 40 years of ministry, including 11 at Laguna Niguel Presbyterian Church, Pastor Randy Steele is retiring. His last service will be Sunday, when one unified church service is planned at 10 a.m., followed by an all church goodbye and thank you potluck brunch.
- Dr. Ledford Powell will review lung cancer risk factors and share details about a quick, easy screening method Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. in Laguna Hills.
- Ever want to be in a musical? Everyone who tries out gets a part in an upcoming rendition of Beauty and the Beast. Each cast performs three times. Professionals in drama, dance and voice coach you at every rehearsal. Cost: $244. Details here.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something