- In for a fright? On Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Haunted Trails will lead groups through mazes, tents and a graveyard while scenes from nursery rhymes and fables get twisted before their eyes. Wear comfortable walking shoes. No costumes allowed. This is a very scary event and not recommended for children under 8. Cost: $10. Location: Crown Valley Community Park, 29751 Crown Valley.
- Mission Viejo hosts Hometown Halloween from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday at the Norman P. Murray Community and Senior Center, 24932 Veterans Way. The event includes game booths, crafts and pony and hay rides. The Halloween celebration features tasty fare and the Wacky Witchin’ Kitchen, a pint-sized haunted house. Trick-or-treating kicks off at 6 p.m. and lasts until the candy runs out.
- Moulton Elementary's annual halloween carnival returns Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Check out the ferris wheel, royal flush tank, game booths with prizes, face painting, hair spraying, the spooky string booth and the pumpkin walk. New attractions include a bungee run and the all new Haunted Hospital of Horror. Admission is free. Prices are family-friendly. Location: 29851 Highlands Avenue.
- You can get your free flu shot in Laguna Woods Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., provided by the county. The service will be provided at Saint Nicholas Catholic Church, 24252 El Toro Road.
- The Orange County Sheriff's Department invites golfers to tee off at the 18th Annual Drug Use is Life Abuse Golf Invitational at the El Niguel Country Club, 23700 Clubhouse Dr, Laguna Niguel. Tournament proceeds will go to programs to address youth substance abuse and violence. The event starts Monday at 8 a.m.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something