Hot, sweaty, sticky heat.
That is what the past week has been like and, according to the weather experts, it's going stay that way in our neck of the woods a bit longer. Look for temps to be in the low 80s midweek, although by Saturday they should cool down to around 78.
Typically, the warmest month of the year in Laguna Niguel is August with an average maximum temperature of 78.8 degrees.
The coldest month of the year is December with an average minimum temperature of 43.6 degrees, which sounds pretty good right about now.
Having lived in Laguna Niguel for almost 20 years, I’ve discovered a few places here and there where you too might be able to cool off and get some reprieve.
- The frigid, refrigerated produce sections inside both stores. I bet you won't be able to tolerate either one for long.
- Walk into and get a blast of Arctic air anywhere in the store. They keep it like this year-round. Act like you're buying groceries and just walk around for awhile.
- Plant yourself in front of the large If you get really desperate to cool off, let your fingers do the walking and splash yourself. Just make sure nobody from the city sees you.
- Grab some shade under a leafy tree at there are enough of them for a good portion of the city’s population to do so.
- Head down to along with the rest of the masses and try to plant yourself in an area where you can feel the cool breezes coming up from the ocean.
- Visit the , which also recently won an award for the top spot to take a plunge.
If all else fails, you can put your head inside your freezer for a few minutes or until an icicle or two starts to form on the tip of your nose.
Where do you go when you need to cool off? Tell us in comments.