Get ready to fish this week!
The weather is going to great for the next 10 days. We are stocking 3,000 pounds of rainbow trout on Wednesday. The fishing will be wide open by Thursday and through the weekend. Included in this week's stocking is 500 pounds of trophy trout in the 6-pound-to-12-pound class.
The last few weeks have seen a record broken for the largest trout caught in the lake's 25-year history. The old record was 15 pounds, in 2005; the new record is 16 pounds, 2 ounces, broken two weeks ago. We also have an 18-pound trout swimming in the lake waiting to be caught!
Topping off those catches was a 14-pound, 9-ounce trout that was caught by Glenn Matsushita of Gardena, fishing on the shoreline in Zone 3 using a white trout worm.
Other notable catches were those of:
- Luigi Moreno of South El Monte, with a 12-pound trout caught on chartreuse Fire Bait in Zone 3.
- Oscar Gonzales of Buena Park, with a 10- pound, 8-ounce trout caught on a yellow trout worm in Zone 1.
- Kevin Riggs of San Juan Capistrano, with a 9-pound, 14-ounce trout caught on chartreuse Fire Bait in Zone 4.
- Ramsey Caldwell of San Clemente, with a 9-pound, 2-ounce trout caught on a green trout worm in the flats.
- Tony Albertson of Dana Point, with an 8-pound, 9-ounce trout caught on a yellow trout worm in Zone 2.
- Bob Wright of Laguna Niguel with an 8-pound trout caught on yellow Fire Bait in Zone 3.
- Jay Tinsky visiting from Portland, with an 8-pound trout that he caught fly fishing with a chartreuse rabbit tail fly via float tube in the flats.
More than 20,500 pounds of rainbow trout have been stocked in the 44-acre lake in the last seven weeks.