A rundown of calls to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department August 16-17. Incidents reported from Dana Point are noted as such. Other incidents were reported in Laguna Niguel.
- Tires slashed: Suspicious Person/Circumstances. 1:33 p.m. 32400 block of Outrigger Way. A caller reported that his neighbors sliced his vehicle’s tires. It was an ongoing problem.
- Missing wine: Citizen Assist. 3:00 p.m. 28600 block of Breckenridge Drive. A caller reported that wine was missing from her wine cellar.
- Park pervert: Indecent Exposure Report. 4:50 p.m. La Paz/Aliso Creek Roads. A caller reported that a man was masturbating in his vehicle at La Paz Park and took pictures of children. He was in his 40s to early 50s and was insides a gray Volkswagen Jetta with tinted windows.
- Scissor threat: Disturbance. 5:21 p.m. unknown block of Crosscreek Street. A caller reported that her boyfriend hit her with his shorts then held a pair of scissors to her throat. (Dana Point)
- Dumpster dive: Suspicious Person/Circumstances. 6:39 p.m. 28100 block of Moulton Parkway. A caller reported that a 30-40 year-old man was dumpster diving since the early hours of the morning at the Palms apartment complex.
The Sheriff's Blotter data is taken from the official calls for service records kept by the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
The calls represent what was told to the deputy in the field by the radio dispatcher. The true nature of an incident often differs from what is initially reported. No assumption of criminal guilt or affiliation should be drawn from the content of the information provided.