A rundown of calls that came into the O.C. Sheriff’s Department August 22-23. Incidents reported from Dana Point are noted as such. Other incidents were reported in Laguna Niguel.
- Keep the Peace. 10:29 a.m. 23800 block of Wardlow Circle. A caller reported that he had a dispute with his neighbor over his gardener cutting a tree on his property.
- Petty Theft Report. 1:01 p.m. 27800 block of La Paz Road. A Starbucks employee reported that someone stole the hand soap from the bathroom.
- Petty Theft Report. 3:49 p.m. unknown block of Wightman Court. A caller reported that her sister took her laptop on Sunday. (Dana Point)
- Citizen Assist. 12:07 p.m. 100 block of Fairlane Road. A caller reported that a scammer keeps calling her claiming that he or she is from the IRS/FBI.
- Citizen Assist. 12:37 p.m. 30300 block of Via Corona. A caller from the Service Master AAA Restoration Service stated that he was at a crime scene from over a month ago and found bullets.
- Battery. 7:51 p.m. street of the Golden Lantern/Via de Anza. A caller reported that a woman hit her in the face at the bus stop.
- Citizen Assist. 8:09 p.m. 27900 block of Cabot Road. A caller reported that someone threw six catheter bags full of urine in the Costco parking lot near the gas station.
The calls represent what was told to the deputy in the field by the radio dispatcher. The true nature of an incident often differs from what is initially reported. No assumption of criminal guilt or affiliation should be drawn from the content of the information provided.