By Nicole Cook
A rundown of calls that came into the O.C. Sheriff’s Department November 7-8. Incidents reported from Dana Point are noted as such. Other incidents were reported in Laguna Niguel.
- An employee at CVS on the 30200 block of Golden Lantern refused to sell a man alcohol because he was with a minor. When the would-be customer got into an argument with the employee, the employee chased him and the minor out of the store. One of them threw a can of iced tea at the worker, which hit him in the chest. The incident occurred around 9:35 p.m.
- Around 8:35 p.m. in the Pho the Bowl restaurant located at the cross streets of Aliso Creek and La Paz Roads, a customer stated that he found a bag of cash, checks and credit cards in the Bank of America parking lot.
- A 40-year-old man was sitting in a white BMW completely naked while yelling derogatory comments to females to get their attention. The incident occurred around 7 p.m. at the 30200 block of the street of Golden Lantern.
- Teens were possibly doing drugs and spray-painting the wall at the La Paz Sports Park around 2 p.m., as a caller recognized the smell and heard the rattle of a can.
- A 63-year-old man was arrested and released around 1 p.m. at the 28400 block of La Pradera, after he hit his neighbor with a tool and kicked open his front door over alleged money issues. The caller tried to protect himself and sprayed the attacker with pepper spray.
The Sheriff's Blotter data is taken from the official calls for service records kept by the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
The calls represent what was told to the deputy in the field by the radio dispatcher. The true nature of an incident often differs from what is initially reported. No assumption of criminal guilt or affiliation should be drawn from the content of the information provided.