- Dana Hills High School hosts Back to School Night on Tuesday starting at 6:30 p.m. The format will involve parents following their student’s schedule. Teachers will review curriculum, goals, policies and procedures and answer questions. The school recommends you ask your child for his or her schedule ahead of time.
- The 2013 Senior Expo will bring more than 30 vendors to the Sea Country Senior & Community Center on Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. There will be free food, free raffles and free health screenings provided.
- The Dana Point Historical Society will hold its 13th annual home tour on Sunday, October 6 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. This year’s event is entitled “From the Hills of Hollywood to the Sea…in Dana Point.” It features five of the “Sidney H. Woodruff” homes in Lantern Village and Town Center as well as Woodruff’s Sales headquarters, an auditorium where he made big presentations and promotions, currently the Stillwater Restaurant. Tickets for the fundraiser are $25.
- Men, want to play basketball? The YMCA, 29831 Crown Valley, is fielding teams. Cost is $350/team with a $30 referee fee per game. Games are held Sundays from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Get more info by calling 949-495-9622.
- Saturday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., the Battle for the Paddle begins in Dana Point. Standup paddle riders will compete in a course along the coast beginning at Doheney State Beach, 25300 Dana Point Harbor Drive.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something