1. Friday, July 6 Movie Night 7:30-10 p.m. The Aliso Viejo Community Association is hosting a free movie night at the Grand Park Friday evening. Grab your chairs and blankets and come out to see a showing of Puss in Boots. The movie will begin at dusk. Visit avca.net for more information. The Grand Park is located at Aliso Creek Road and Pacific Park Drive.
2. Friday, July 6 Rule the Pool Friday 8-10 p.m. This event is for kids ages 9-13 and sorry, no adults allowed! Drop off your kids and go enjoy a nice dinner without them. The evening includes water volleyball, inter-tube races, diving board contests, water basketball and a DJ spinning the latest tunes. Cost is $5 at the door and ticket sales end at 8:30 p.m. Kids are not released until 10 p.m. Visit cityoflagunaniguel.org for more information, or call (949) 425-5100. 29751 Crown Valley Pkwy.
3. Saturday, July 7 Safari Cruises 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Blue whale watching season is coming to Southern California. Join the scientists aboard the Sea Explorer for the search for the world’s largest animal. The cost of the whale watching cruise is $55. Participants must be age 8 or older, under age 18 must be accompanied by an adult. A continental breakfast will be served. Participants should bring a snack lunch. Call (949) 496-2274 to reserve spots, or visit ocean-institute.org for more information. Ocean Institute, 24200 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point.
4. Sunday, July 8 Kids Fish FREE 12:45-7:45 p.m. Dana Wharf offers a free Kids’ Fishing Clinic every Sunday from 12-12:30 p.m. Once your little angler completes his/her dockside experience, then take advantage of a free half-day fishing trip per paying adult (a savings of $29). Rental gear is included for the kids too. Visit danawharf.com for more information, or call (949) 496-5794. Dana Wharf, 34675 Golden Lantern, Dana Point.
5. Sunday, July 8 Summer Concert in the Park 3-6 p.m. The city of Dana Point has been hosting its free summer concerts in the park for more than 23 years. Grab your 10-gallon hat and cowboy boots and enjoy the afternoon sounds of Rodeo Drive, which covers Top 40s Country. Don’t forget your lawn chairs and arrive early for the best seating. Visit danapoint.org for more information. Heritage Park, 34400 Old Golden Lantern Park, Dana Point.