The city of Laguna Niguel has selected Stephen Erlandson as its new Finance Director starting Jan. 3.
Erlandson brings more than 10 years of public and private accounting and auditing experience to his new position. For the past 5 years, he has served as the accounting and licensing manager in the city of Redondo Beach.
Erlandson has a Bachelor of Arts and an M.B.A. in business administration and accounting from California State University Fullerton.
As finance director/city treasurer, Erlandson will oversee four full-time personnel, administer a departmental budget of $931,000 and the city budget of $41 million.
The finance department is responsible for:
• Development and administration of the city’s operating and capital improvement budgets.
• Administration of the city’s financial management and accounting system.
• Preparation of the city’s 5-year revenue and expenditure forecast.
• Preparation of the city’s comprehensive annual financial.
• Management of the city’s investment portfolio.
• Oversight of the city’s information technology function.
Erlandson succeeds Cheryl Dyas who was the city’s finance director from 2004 to 2011. She left the city in June to accept the position of director of administrative services with the city of Mission Viejo.
He is married and lives in Rancho Santa Margarita.
For additional information, please contact Tim Casey, city Manager, at (949) 362-4300.