Information provided by U.S. Food and Drug Adminstration
Haig's Delicacies of Hayward, CA is recalling all Tzatziki, Falafel, Spanakopita and Tyropita because the product labels do not include allergy statements reflecting the use of the following food allergens says the FDA:
- Tzatziki is being recalled because of the undeclared use of a food allergen (milk).
- Falafel is being recalled because of the undeclared use of a food allergen (wheat).
- Spanakopita and Tyropita are being recalled because of the undeclared use of food allergens (wheat, milk and eggs).
The products are sold naitionally and at such stores locally as Gelson's in Monarch Beach and Whole Foods in Laguna Niguel
People who have allergy or severe sensitivity to wheat, milk and eggs run the risk of life threatening allergic reaction, anaphylaxis, that required immediate medical care if they consume the product.
- Tzatziki is a Greek yogurt, cucumber and dill dip/spread which is packaged in 8oz retail round deli containers and 5lb bulk foodservice cases.
- Falafels are fried garbanzo bean balls which are packaged in 5-ounce retail rectangular deli containers and 5-pound bulk foodservice cases.
- Spanakopita is a triangular phyllo dough pastry with a spinach and cheese filling which is packaged only in bulk foodservice cases.
- Tyropita is a triangular phyllo dough pastry with a cheese filling which is packaged only in bulk foodservice cases.
Consumers in possession of these products should not eat the product if they have these allergy sensitivities and should return the product to the place of purchase.
Call 510-782-6285 for further information.