Some experts who dabble in numbers such as Donna Stellhorn of Laguna Niguel, the number 12 is an important number.
There are 12 months, 12 hours on the clock, 12 signs, in Christianity there were 12 Apostles and so on. The number 12 has a completeness to it that says the cycle is ending and a new cycle is beginning, she says.
"Breaking it down, 1+2=3 and 3 is the number of cooperation and bringing together different people to make something better but this didn't really happen this year (especially politically) because the year is really 2012 it's a 5, 5 is about change, standing at a crossroads and choosing a path to take," she said.
Many will see 2013 as unlucky because of the 13 and that 1+3=4 (a very unlucky number in Eastern cultures). But really this will be a '6' year, a year of family and people focused on creating wealth to take care of their families, Stellhorn said.
In Dana Point and Laguna Niguel, 2012 has been a series of unusual happenings including 'UFO sightings' by residents, new businesses opening, old businesses closing their doors, and unfortunately, tragic car and pedestrian accidents.
This is our list of the most read stories on Laguna Niguel Patch and those generating the most buzz.
- Sept. 7, while skateboarding on Golden Lantern. The driver is still considered at large.
- Swimmer Frank Austin heads out to take photos at Salt Creek Beach, never returns over Labor Day weekend.
- Three Marines die after crashing into a tree in Dana Point.
- Residents report seeing all kinds of UFOs.
- 'Jetman' flies over Dana Point harbor.
- Killer whales visit tourists up close and personal in Dana Point.
- The U.S. Coast Guard confiscates hundreds of bales of marijuana floating in Dana Point harbor.
- 'Hockey mom' Kathia Davis and Adam Hall/Mara Steves trials postponed multiple times.
- Venus Transit Day amazes.
- Native gymnist brings home Gold Medal.
- Barack Obama 'Unimpressed' Photo with Laguna Niguel Native Gymnast Goes Viral
- Residents host fundraiser for woman who died in childbirth.
- Family looks for nurse who saved father's life in Dana Point.
- Man robs Starbucks wearing a gas mask, later arrested.
- Laguna Niguel City Council welcomes three new members and a new mayor.
What do you think was the most amazing story in 2012? Tell us in comments.