By Nicole Cook
A rundown of calls that came into the O.C. Sheriff’s Department January 7-8. Incidents reported from Dana Point are noted as such. Other incidents were reported in Laguna Niguel.
- Around 8 p.m., six teens were seen going into the sewer line behind the Carl’s Jr. at the cross streets of La Paz and Aliso Creek Roads.
- A man reported that he found his 70-year-old father dead, face down in his bed around 11 a.m. on Argos. He stated it was too late for CPR. The death appeared to be due to natural causes.
- A drunk woman reported drug dealing by employees at the Starbucks at Alicia and Niguel. She rambled on about “bad and terrible things” but refused to elaborate or answer questions from the desk. The report was taken around 6:30 p.m.
- A drunk man reported that he arrived home on Thornapple around 6:40 p.m. and found his dog soaking wet. He believed his neighbor hosed him down. When asked whether he approached his neighbor regarding the incident, he stated, “If you want, I’ll grab my 45 and talk to him.” Police told him to stay put.
- At 5:30 p.m. at the cross streets of La Paz and Aliso Creek Roads, four teens were loitering behind Whole Foods Market and setting fire to liquid on the ground, then stomping on it. The vehicle was searched and two of the men were detained.
The Sheriff's Blotter data is taken from the official calls for service records kept by the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
The calls represent what was told to the deputy in the field by the radio dispatcher. The true nature of an incident often differs from what is initially reported. No assumption of criminal guilt or affiliation should be drawn from the content of the information provided.