By Nicole Cook
A rundown of calls that came into the O.C. Sheriff’s Department September 19-20. Incidents reported from Dana Point are noted as such. Other incidents were reported in Laguna Niguel.
- A woman reported people were using non-lethal weapons with heat that were causing her pain around 11 p.m. at the Starbucks and Togo’s on Alicia and Pacific Park Drive.
- The driver of a Blue Mercedes SL500 nearly ran over a man after he was told to stop speeding at the 27500 block of Country Lane Road around 10:30 p.m. The guards would only release information to the police, as the driver and passengers were guests of renters in the area.
- Near the bridge at the 25300 block of Dana Point Harbor Drive, a man allegedly attacked a female while she was riding her bike. He came up from behind, and tried to choke her. The incident occurred around 10:30 p.m.
- After meeting a man on the dating website Christian Mingle, a woman stated that he scammed her out of $12,000. She wished to speak to deputies regarding the matter, which was reported at the 30800 block of Calle Malaga around 1:20 p.m.
- A caller found his or her roommate blue on the floor around 10:30 a.m. at the 26400 block of Via California in Dana Point. The person was a known heroin user and the firefighters responded.
The Sheriff's Blotter data is taken from the official calls for service records kept by the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
The calls represent what was told to the deputy in the field by the radio dispatcher. The true nature of an incident often differs from what is initially reported. No assumption of criminal guilt or affiliation should be drawn from the content of the information provided.