By Nicole Cook
A rundown of calls that came into the O.C. Sheriff’s Department September 15-16. Incidents reported from Dana Point are noted as such. Other incidents were reported in Laguna Niguel.
- After using a knife to cut open a Bose stereo system, a 60-year-old man was arrested around 10:00 a.m. at the Costco on the 27200 block of Heather Ridge. The man had allegedly stolen before.
- It was reported around 1 p.m. that a white, 4-door vehicle with major front-end damage was in the parking lot behind Chase Bank for three days. The caller believed it might have been involved in the fatal hit-and-run of a 16-year-old on Normandie Avenue in Los Angeles on the previous Friday.
- A woman reported that her boyfriend hacked into her Facebook account around 6:00 p.m. on the 29000 block of Pas de Ocaso.
- A 7-year-old urinated on a tree in front of his neighbor, and when the man tried to speak to the family regarding the matter, they stated that they didn’t care. The incident occurred around 5:15 at the 27100 block of Camino Airen.
- A paraplegic man reportedly shot himself in the head around 4:45 p.m. at the 23800 block of Windmill Lane. When units arrived, he was still breathing, and was transported and admitted to Mission Hospital in critical condition. No other weapons were found at the scene and other guns were secure in a safe. His neighbor reported the gunshot.
The Sheriff's Blotter data is taken from the
official calls for service records kept by the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
The calls represent what was told to the deputy in the field by the radio dispatcher. The true nature of an incident often differs from what is initially reported. No assumption of criminal guilt or affiliation should be drawn from the content of the information provided.