Guests were back in their rooms at Dana Point's Blue Lantern Inn Friday afternoon after a laundry fire filled the hotel with smoke -- a fire that complicated some hotel guests's wedding plans
"There was a gal there getting married today, so they were anxious to get back in," said Orange County Fire Capt. Marc Stone. "All the bridesmaids dresses were in the room."
Stone said hotel staff called 911 at 9:40 a.m. to report towels in the dryer had caught on fire.
Firefighters evacuated the building and spent about an hour at the scene handling the minor fire and its aftermath.
Stone said as of about 2 p.m. this afternoon, guests had returned and the Dana Point building inspector had made sure the structure was still sound.
Also because of the excessive smoke, the Orange County Health Department had to sign off on the kitchen to make sure everything was cleaned up at the inn.
A hotel staffer said at about 3 p.m. that everything at the hotel was "100 percent back to normal."