Originally posted January 12, 2014 at 1 AM
By Nicole Cook
A rundown of calls that came into the O.C. Sheriff’s Department December 22-23. Incidents reported from Dana Point are noted as such. Other incidents were reported in Laguna Niguel.
- A man stood with a sword "to defend himself" outside a home on the 28100 block of La Bajada around 11:30 p.m. He called police on his mother's boyfriend, a 6'5" man with a heavy build. The son said the boyfriend was physically fighting his friend and his mother. All involved had been drinking.
- At the spa area on Cala De Or, a man tried to massage a woman and her daughter around 9:30 p.m.
- A man believed someone was living under a tarp, underneath a tree at the cross streets of Mouton Parkway and Avila Road. The incident was reported around 1:30 p.m. A blanket was removed upon investigation.
- A woman was shaking near the benches outside Ralph’s on Golden Lantern, and the caller believed she might have been on drugs. He witnessed it around 3:30 p.m.
- At the 27400 block of Alicia Parkway, a man was seen sitting in a van for 30 minutes recording people as they exited the Home Consignment store. The report was taken around 8 p.m.
The Sheriff's Blotter data is taken from the official calls for service records kept by the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
The calls represent what was told to the deputy in the field by the radio dispatcher. The true nature of an incident often differs from what is initially reported. No assumption of criminal guilt or affiliation should be drawn from the content of the information provided.