By Nicole Cook
A rundown of calls that came into the O.C. Sheriff’s Department November 9-10. Incidents reported from Dana Point are noted as such. Other incidents were reported in Laguna Niguel.
- A resident of the Fountain Glen apartment complex heard a gunshot near the railroad tracks, possibly from the area that caught on fire the week before. The report was taken around 8 p.m. at the cross streets of Golden Lantern and Camino Los Padres.
- A woman was walking towards her car in the Baja Fish Tacos parking lot, when a man called her over, flashed his penis and asked her, “Do you like this?” The incident occurred around 5:30 p.m. at the cross streets of Alicia and Crown Valley Parkways.
- While at Chaparossa Park near the basketball courts around 4 p.m., a caller stated that someone threw pumpkins at her family. The caller said they came from the nearby residences, but she couldn’t see where exactly due to the surrounding bushes.
- A taxi driver said his customer gave him fake money around 3:30 p.m. at the 24400 block of Via Palomino Court.
- A woman reported that someone was rattling her rear sliding door. She didn’t see anything, but her dog was growling. The incident occurred around 10 p.m. at the 25500 block of Pas La Cresta. The caller mentioned this was the second day in a row this had happened.
The Sheriff's Blotter data is taken from the official calls for service records kept by the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
The calls represent what was told to the deputy in the field by the radio dispatcher. The true nature of an incident often differs from what is initially reported. No assumption of criminal guilt or affiliation should be drawn from the content of the information provided.