By Nicole Cook
A rundown of calls that came into the O.C. Sheriff’s Department January 9-10. Incidents reported from Dana Point are noted as such. Other incidents were reported in Laguna Niguel.
- A city worker called to report the graffiti he was cleaning up by the picnic tables at Bear Brand Park around 11 a.m.
- Around 8:30 a.m., a teenager was sitting at the bus stop on Fair Elms, with what appeared to be a rifle.
- The Orange County Fire Authority responded to a call for a 12 year-old, who fell off his scooter and broke his leg at the cross streets of Alicia Parkway and Awma Road. The accident occurred around 4 p.m.
- A man reported that he was in a verbal argument with a woman, and she threw a water bottle at him. The woman called her husband to come to the scene. The incident occurred around 10:15 a.m. at the 28200 block of Via Fierro.
- A man was in his backyard around 7 a.m. at the 28200 block of Bedford Drive when a 90-lb. mountain lion with a three- to four-foot tail tried to attack his dog. He was able to get his dog inside safely and Fish and Game were notified and sent out. The mountain lion was initially seen under the fence next to the pool.
The Sheriff's Blotter data is taken from the official calls for service records kept by the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
The calls represent what was told to the deputy in the field by the radio dispatcher. The true nature of an incident often differs from what is initially reported. No assumption of criminal guilt or affiliation should be drawn from the content of the information provided.