Grab a party hat, a horn and slip into your best holiday outfit, it's almost New Year's Eve.
OK, so we're not New York and there truly isn't anything as exciting as seeing the ball drop in Times Square, but there are a few options here at home in Dana Point and Laguna Niguel.
Whatever you choose to do or however you celebrate, be careful and enjoy yourself, and Happy New Year!
1. St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort New Year's Eve at Motif Restaurant at 7 p.m. Guests will dine on a pre-selected menu created by Executive Chef Castan in celebration of the New Year. Pricing is $95 per adult and $36 for children ages 5 to 12. Call, 1-800-722-1543.
2. New Year’s Eve in Stonehill St. Regis Monarch Beach 6 to 9 p.m. Menu prepared by Chef Raj Dixit for $235, or for $335, which includes additional wine pairings. The wine pairings pricing includes entry to the Lobby Lounge for a New Year’s Eve celebration and midnight champagne toast. Make reservations online or call, 1-800-722-1543.
3. New Year's Eve Dinner at Vue, Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa 5 to 9 p.m. Five-course menu: First course; crab cake, second course; lobster bisque, third course; wild arugula and cucumber salad, entrees; scallops, short ribs, rack of lamb, filet and lobster, and winter vegetable medley, dessert; pumpkin mascarpone creme cake, dulce de leche pecan pie and triple chocolate cake. Live entertainment and complimentary valet parking included. Reservations recommended. Call, 949-487-7516. Price: $95.
4. New Year's Eve at Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa OverVue Lounge. Ring in the New Year with party favors, champagne toast and balloon drop. OverVue Lounge is first-come, first-serve. Live entertainment by Grateful Dudes. Call, 949-661-5000. Price: $25, 18 and up.
5. Stack Bistro Pastry & Cake, Laguna Niguel: From 5 p.m. to midnight. For dinner reservations, please call, 949-240-6613. As an added treat, Julio Montero will be playing his international sounds from his Latin harp.
6. New Year's Eve Senior Dinner Dance, Dana Point: Entertainment, 5 to 6 p.m., dinner, 6 to 10 p.m. Hosted by the city of Dana Point and the Dana Point Senior Center. Celebrate the New Year New York time, at Dana Point Community Center, 34052 Del Obispo St., call 949-496-4265. Seating is limited. Tickets must be purchased in advance by Dec. 28, no walk-ins. Contact Vanna Murphy at 949-496-4252 for more information or to purchase tickets.
7. Romeo Cucina in Laguna Niguel New Year's celebration: Annual blast, call for details and reservations, space fills up fast, 949-831-4131.
8. RAYA New Year's Eve at The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, 6 p.m. Celebrate New Year's Eve with a five-course a la carte menu presented by Chef de Cuisine Marissa Gerlach. Call, 949-240-2000. Price: $150 per person.
9. enoSTEAK New Year's Eve at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel. From 5 to 9 p.m. Executive Chef Andres Jimenes presents a three-course a la carte menu for the 5 p.m. seating and a five-course a la carte menu at the 9 p.m. seating. $125 per person for the 5 p.m. seating; $175 per person for the 9 p.m. seating.Call, 949-240-2000.
10. Celebrate "Decades of Bond New Year's Eve" at St. Regis Monarch Beach, 7 p.m. Bring in the New Year James Bond style. Dine at culinary stations and order something shaken ... not stirred at one of several full bars. There will also be a champagne toast as the clock strikes midnight. Make reservations at 1-800-722-1543. Price Adult 8 p.m. entry: $95; Adult 10 p.m. entry: $60, 18 and up.
11. New Year's Eve Celebration, Savannah Chop House Laguna Niguel at 7 p.m. Enjoy complimentary glass of champagne, party favors, and after-dinner festivities in the bar and lounge. There will be a four-course dinner menu all night ($64 per person) or limited a la Carte menu from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Plus, complimentary glass of champagne. Come just for dancing and drinks or join in after dinner at the bar; DJs playing music from 8 p.m. to close. Small plates until 11 p.m., $9 Stoli cocktail specials all night. Free entrance to bar and lounge. Call, 949-493-7107. For those 21 and up.