A number of Laguna Niguel Patch readers have asked how they can help victims of superstorm Sandy on a local level, here is a list of quick ways to aid those affected suggested by ABC News.
1. The Salvation Army has dozens of mobile feeding units and shelters along the East Coast that are working to serve thousands in the most heavily hit areas. Visit salvationarmyusa.org to donate.
2. Feeding America has thousands of pounds of emergency food, water and supplies in the disaster zone that it is working to distribute to the storm's victims. To donate, visit feedingamerica.org or call 800-910-5524.
3. AmeriCares is providing medicine and other supplies to people affected by Hurricane Sandy. To donate, visit americares.org.
4. World Vision is distributing flood clean-up kits, personal hygiene items and emergency food kits to people hit by the hurricane. To donate, visit worldvision.org.
5. Save the Children is also working to provide relief to families and their children. Visit savethechildren.orgto donate.
6. Samaritan's Purse is asking for volunteers to help storm victims. To volunteer, visit their website.