- The bearded dragon and golden retriever survived, but the terrier did not. Read about a house fire that started Monday afternoon in Laguna Niguel.
- School's officially back in session for Laguna Niguel and Dana Point public schol students. The next teacher furlough day is Friday Oct. 4. Check out a calendar of the new school year here.
- "Save some money save some time, save a nickel, save a dime, lower prices every time. Go see Cal!" Southland car dealer Cal Worthington, as famous for his wacky commercials as he was for building up one of the West Coast's biggest car dealerships, died Monday at age 92. And yes, he wrote all 26 lines of that famous jingle.
- Will there be a U.S. Spring? Laguna Niguel-Dana Point blogger Paul Herzbrun calls for the president's impeachment after Russian President Vladimir Putin drew more backers than Obama on the Syria crisis.
- In case you missed it, check out these photos of the 2013 Tall Ships Festival from over the weekend.